Cheap suits

Author  
caldari

MJ-842-RED
 // THE HANDS OF DEATH

#270 // 15:49 21.10.2014Quote
Its easy to make a proto suit, its just a matter of putting as many complex and level 5 items as possible given your pg and cpu limits. Those suits however can be quite costy and while some like to proto scrub nad dont worry about isk for most losing a single proto suit means they are not making any profit. Picking a suit that allows for a good performance while allowing to make yourself rich is a fine art. Stuff the suit too much and it becomes costy. Drop the quality too much and you start dying so much that not only your stats drop but you fail your team and pretty much throw isk away in small amounts but without a point. This thread is here for everyone to share their favourite isk-making suits regardless of class, race or role. o7
caldari

MJ-842-RED
 // THE HANDS OF DEATH

#271 // 16:30 21.10.2014Quote
To start off this is one of my favourites:
Suit: Assault C-1
High: Enh Extender, Cpx Light Dmg Mod, Enh Energizer
Low: Cpx Reactive plate
Light: Rail Rifle
Side: Magsec
Grenade: Flux
Eq: Compact Nanohive
Cost: 21k ISK

Its surprisingly effective. Light on health but very fast and with great health regeneration. It might not beat a heavy but it can easily run behind a corner and within 10 seconds or so your health is pretty much back to full. MinAssaults might be better when it comes to speed but i prefer Caldari due to my proficiency in RR and Magsec. Bear in mind its cpu and pg is filled up to the bar and thats only possible with pg/cpu boosts from skills.

Ael Dae
 // LUX AETERNA INT

#272 // 14:17 22.10.2014Quote
Many thanks to you, MJ, for starting this discussion. I will make an alliance mailing on that. It is very useful!

Imperare Sibi - Maximum Imperium Est
caldari

MJ-842-RED
 // THE HANDS OF DEATH

#289 // 21:26 25.10.2014Quote
I was hoping that more people will post their fittings over here but I guess time will still come for that. In the meantime here is another one from me.

Suit: Militia Amarr Light Frame
High: Enh Extender
Low: Enh Reactive x3
Light: Rail Rifle
Side: SMG (Breach)
Eq: Drop Uplink
Cost: ~14.5k ISK

I think you can see my preferences by now, light-weight suits with quick health regeneration and long range weapon. MALF doesnt require skills to use and so is available to everyone and its probably the best Militia LF on the market. It might not receive scan precision bonuses but still has the best base stamina and good health and it is surprisingly easy to fit enhanced modules on it.
Fitting itself can be modified in a myriad of ways: replace extenders with dmg mods, take a light weapon of your choice, pick different eq to save up some pg/cpu. In that price range you really have a lot of room to experiment.
The real charm though are the three Reactive plates. I feel Reactive plating doesnt receive enough credit around Dust. For its low cost and very low pg/cpu requirements the health boost along with regeneration and the incredibly low movement penalty it is a remarkable module that doesnt really protect you as such but instead give you the highest possible survivability (unless youre a heavy, then there is no helping you ;) ). They are a friend of every ISK-grinder since they can be easily fitted on cheap suits with low pg/cpu capacity and still leave room for reasonable armament.
The only issue is that since it is a cheap fit you can tell its simply not as strong. You will die more often if you attempt close quarter combat with the wrong weapon but remember to use speed to your advantage and use cover whenever possible.

P.S. I guess I will start posting suit fittings regularly, say once weekly. I strongly encourage more people to post their ISK-grinding suits here And start other fitting threads too. Remember that class does not matter. I have experience in all suit types so I still have a couple of good fits up my sleeve, which I will post soon. Those are just the ones Im currently using. Also dont be surprised that pretty much all of my suits will feature the Rail Rifle since I am all for Caldari Master Race. ;)

Good hunting mercs o7
gallente

Brad (DRE)
 // D3ATH CARD

#305 // 23:13 26.10.2014Quote
The bunker buster
Dropsuit: Commando G-1
Light 1: breach assault rifle
Light 2: shotgun
High: Enhanced dmg mod
Low 1: Advanced repair mod
Low 1: Advanced repair mod
Equipment: KIN-012 nanites injector

Purpose: Paired with a logi and heavy, the commando can hold or assault a point with devastating gallente blaster power! This fit can self repair at a higher than normal rate, produce quick damage to shields, and keep the heavy logi combo on their feet! If you have lvl 5 skill in gallente commando the 10% dps makes your basic breach assault rifle into a gb-9 breach!

Cost: around 12,000 isk roughly (depending on how you fit it)
caldari

MJ-842-RED
 // THE HANDS OF DEATH

#316 // 17:02 28.10.2014Quote
That is a nice one Brad. Personally I dont do Gallente Commandos, I do lvl5 Caldari Commandos, for which I will post a suit later, but I have friend I like to run Commando with (no pun intended) and I think hell like this fitting.
So far I posted 2 assault-orientated suits in very low price range. I dont want everyone to think that thats all i ever run so here is something different.

Suit: Logistics M/1-Series
Highs: Cplx Extender x2, Bsc Energizer
Lows: Cplx Reactive x2, Cplx Armor
Light: Assault Rifle
Eq: KIN-012 Needle, A-68 Scan, Six Kin Triage
Cost: ~58.8k ISK

Alright, so MinLogis are very popular and there are many interesting ways to run it. This here however is the suit I run when I want to make ISK and support the group (hence the scanner rather than say a nanohive, although keep in mind that you can for some reason replace it with an X-3 Quantum nanohive without loosing any CPU - CCP hates logic). Im also quite sure this is one of the cheapest MinLogi suits that can be made while still using up all of the available pg/cpu.
You might notice that I have an assault rifle rather than the usual rail, and thats due to low PG requirement for this weapon (Combat rifle will also do might even let you put an Enh Recharger instead of an Energizer). Minmatar in general are very weak on PG so every little bit of it you save matters. Instead try to use as much CPU as possible.
This particular suit actually has a little bit of CPU left. The best way to use it would be to replace Six Kin Triage with a Core Focused but thats only worth doing if you run a squad with a heavy you trust with your life. For everything else use Six Kin Triage.
This fitting pretty much sacrifices all of its combat ability for the sake survivability and team support. It means that without a group of people you can follow you will die a horrible death.
A lot of you will probably suggest using other equipments or different high and low layouts in order to save up some pg/cpu and carry something better in your inventory. Notice however that if you try to do that your suit will almost definitely get a lot more expensive. With an average pay check of ~200k ISK per pub contract you can afford to die 3 times and still make profit, while the survivability & support ideology of the suit should help keep you alive on the battlefield. Just make sure to stick to a group.

Good hunting mercs o7
caldari

MJ-842-RED
 // THE HANDS OF DEATH

#317 // 17:02 28.10.2014Quote
That is a nice one Brad. Personally I dont do Gallente Commandos, I do lvl5 Caldari Commandos, for which I will post a suit later, but I have friend I like to run Commando with (no pun intended) and I think hell like this fitting.
So far I posted 2 assault-orientated suits in very low price range. I dont want everyone to think that thats all i ever run so here is something different.

Suit: Logistics M/1-Series
Highs: Cplx Extender x2, Bsc Energizer
Lows: Cplx Reactive x2, Cplx Armor
Light: Assault Rifle
Eq: KIN-012 Needle, A-68 Scan, Six Kin Triage
Cost: ~58.8k ISK

Alright, so MinLogis are very popular and there are many interesting ways to run it. This here however is the suit I run when I want to make ISK and support the group (hence the scanner rather than say a nanohive, although keep in mind that you can for some reason replace it with an X-3 Quantum nanohive without loosing any CPU - CCP hates logic). Im also quite sure this is one of the cheapest MinLogi suits that can be made while still using up all of the available pg/cpu.
You might notice that I have an assault rifle rather than the usual rail, and thats due to low PG requirement for this weapon (Combat rifle will also do might even let you put an Enh Recharger instead of an Energizer). Minmatar in general are very weak on PG so every little bit of it you save matters. Instead try to use as much CPU as possible.
This particular suit actually has a little bit of CPU left. The best way to use it would be to replace Six Kin Triage with a Core Focused but thats only worth doing if you run a squad with a heavy you trust with your life. For everything else use Six Kin Triage.
This fitting pretty much sacrifices all of its combat ability for the sake survivability and team support. It means that without a group of people you can follow you will die a horrible death.
A lot of you will probably suggest using other equipments or different high and low layouts in order to save up some pg/cpu and carry something better in your inventory. Notice however that if you try to do that your suit will almost definitely get a lot more expensive. With an average pay check of ~200k ISK per pub contract you can afford to die 3 times and still make profit, while the survivability & support ideology of the suit should help keep you alive on the battlefield. Just make sure to stick to a group.

Good hunting mercs o7

Taurion Bruni
 // D3ATH CARD

#319 // 21:43 28.10.2014Quote
http://www.protofits...ittings/index/0/8666

Here is a basic run and gun fitting. I use it to make ISK

Its built on speed, and with the two Shield extenders, you can make it from cover to cover until you get close enough to finish the job
caldari

MJ-842-RED
 // THE HANDS OF DEATH

#323 // 13:59 29.10.2014Quote
Dont know about others but the fitting website doesnt load for me (probably cuz im on the phone). Would mind posting the fitting here plz?

Ael Dae
 // LUX AETERNA INT

#331 // 18:06 29.10.2014Quote
MJ, same here. It worked well some time ago, but since it's developer ceased to continue his work it stopped function normally. We had a similiar project of building a full analogue of ingame fitter in web, but people have not so much free time for that.

Imperare Sibi - Maximum Imperium Est

Taurion Bruni
 // D3ATH CARD

#332 // 03:09 30.10.2014Quote
My Apologies, I run a 'Quafe' Minmatar M-1 Assault With;
2X MLT Shield Extenders
2X STD Kin Kats
1X STD CR
1X STD SMG
1X STD Locus Gernade
1X Nanohive

caldari

MJ-842-RED
 // THE HANDS OF DEATH

#358 // 23:45 01.11.2014Quote
Thanks Taurion thats a nice one. VERY quick and again relies on shield rather than armor which is cool for me.
Here I have another one of my suits:

Suit: Commando C-1
High: 2x Cplx Light Dmg Mod
Light: Rail Rifle, Swarm Launcher CBR-7
Eq: Compact nanohive
Cost: ~17k ISK
Lvl5 commando already gives enough of a damage boost to turn a basic rail rifle into a Kaalakiota and with damage mods its just overkill. Mods are really just for the swarm launcher. It is cheaper to have a CBR-7 SL with 2 damage mods (which also turn RR into an OP monster) than to have Wiyrkomi Sl. If you find youre not doing well on health though put rechargers or energizers on. Dont bother with shield extenders, compared to the base shield on commando suit the difference they make is negligible.

Good hunting mercs o7
gallente

Brad (DRE)
 // D3ATH CARD

#390 // 20:54 10.11.2014Quote
A cheap bpo I run!

Suit: "Sever" scout g-1
High: advanced precision
Low 1: enhanced kinetic catalyze
Low 2: enhanced reactive plate
Low 3: enhanced reactive plate
Light weapon: shotgun